Job Title: Ground Flight Operation Controllers
Closing Date: 31 March 2018
Location: East Kilbride
Salary: Competitive with Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Air Charter Scotland is currently looking for Ground Flight Operation Controllers to join our growing Operations team in East Kilbride. We are one of Europe’s leading Executive Jet Charter and Management Companies, operating a fleet of business jets. To assist in our expansion, we are seeking motivated Ground Flight Operation Controllers to work in a challenging and fast paced environment, to manage the day to day aircraft logistics.
Key responsibilities for Ground Flight Operation Controllers include:
- Following Company Ground procedures to manage aircraft schedules and logistics.
- Adherence to Company Operations Manual.
- Filing of Flight Plans using Air Support PPS software.
- Maintaining Flight Watch of Company aircraft movements.
- Arranging over-flight and landing permits.
- Managing Air Traffic Slot requirements.
- Arranging handling services for Company aircraft movements.
- Arranging fuel releases at competitive rates.
- Assisting in setting up Crew transport and accommodation.
- Processing Return Flight Paperwork.
- Maintaining Crew Duty Records in accordance with Company & EASA regulations.
- Liaising with senior flight management regarding Operations into unknown airfields or areas
- Keen monitoring of crew reports to ensure any issues are addressed with input from management and other relevant departments.
- Ensuring a full Crew Brief is available to crew for all CAT & non-Cat flights.
- Assist with Commercial Sales while working On-Call duty.
An understanding of crewing, Commercial Sales and knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements will be an advantage in building a good understanding of the overall Operation.
The role requires a shift pattern of 4 days on 4 days off, working 12 hr shifts including additional on-call responsibilities. You will report directly to the Ground Operations Manager.
Due to the nature of the Aviation industry, the workload is reactive to client demands. It is for this reason that we are looking for individuals who thrive under pressure and who enjoy undertaking a challenge.
Our industry is Customer Service driven and we therefore expect the highest standard of service from all of our Ground Flight Operation Controllers.
It is essential that Ground Flight Operation Controllers:
- have a keen interest in aviation
- can demonstrate a high standard of teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- have critical thinking skills to recognise and solve problems
- possess excellent organisational skills
- have exceptional attention to detail
In return the company offer excellent progression opportunities, competitive salary and benefits.
Training is primarily provided in-house but we work closely with UKOMA, investing in our staff to offer further training in order to give a greater knowledge of the industry.
The position would suit someone educated to degree standard or relevant experience. Experience in aviation is mandatory.
You can apply for this post online by uploading your CV and related documents via the link below