Job Title: Operations Officer
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
We are one of Europe’s leading Executive Jet Charter and Management Companies, operating a fleet of light, mid-sized and heavy business jets on a Worldwide Air Operator Certificate (AOC). Your role is to complement our current team, to work in a challenging and enjoyable environment, allowing for our business to develop and grow.
The purpose of the Operations Controller role is to provide support to our Flight Crew. Your role is to ensure the safe and on time departure and arrival of each of our fleet of aircraft, whether they are operating to CAT (commercial air transport) or non-CAT standards. This involves general flight planning from the start of a booking to the completion of a flight schedule and must be done in accordance with Company Regulations, Standards and Procedures.
Additionally, an understanding of crewing, Commercial Sales and knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements would be beneficial in building a good understanding of the overall Operation.
The job requires a flexible working pattern of 5 days on, 2 days off and includes additional on-call responsibilities.
- Following Company Local Procedures to arrange aircraft schedules,
- Adherence to Company Operations Manual,
- Filing of Flight Plans using Air Support PPS software,
- Maintaining Flight Watch of Company aircraft movements,
- Arranging over-flight and landing permits (often through third party agents),
- Managing all Air Traffic Slot requirements,
- Arranging handling services for Company aircraft movements,
- Assisting in setting up Crew transport and accommodation where travel coordinator isn’t available,
- Managing/Ordering customer on board VIP catering requirements,
- Processing Return Flight Paperwork,
- Maintain Crew Duty Records in accordance with Company & EASA regulations,
- Liaising with customers, crew and third party service providers,
- Knowledge and good use of LEON software package,
- Liaising with the Admin & Travel Teams (extended Ops) to ensure fuel and travel is booked in a timely and cost effective manner,
- Liaising with senior flight management regarding Operations into unknown airfields or areas,
- Keen monitoring of crew reports to ensure any issues are caught and addressed with input from management and other applicable departments,
- Ensure a FULL Crew Brief is available to crew for ALL CAT & non-CAT flights,
- Liaising with aircraft owners and PA’s,
- Regular monitoring of CENTRIK and your own company email account.
In addition to the above key responsibilities:
- Building a strong knowledge of the aircraft types we operate (weight, configuration, YOM, etc),
- Building and maintaining strong Ops/Crew relationships,
- To build a knowledge of crew training providers and third party service providers,
- Providing the highest level of customer service to our clients and aircraft owners,
- Respond to phone calls and emails in a timely and courteous manner,
- Due to the nature of our industry, much of our workload tends to be last minute and reactive to client demands – the ability to cope under pressure is essential,
- Keen monitoring of the serviceability of each of our aircraft (hours to check, LMC items required, etc),
- Monitor crew FTL recording and violations,
- Continuous monitoring of crew travel arrangements – it is imperative that every Ops member is aware of each crew member’s movements and all aircraft movements.
Prospective candidates should submit a recent CV with a cover letter highlighting any additional points in support of their application to email@example.com or apply via the link below.
How to Apply
You can apply for this post online by uploading your CV and related documents via the link below
Apply online now